My unit plan is going to be for a sixth grade classroom. The standards that my unit is going to cover are: 6.7.3.3, which covers writing narratives and creative texts. The class is going to be reading A Raisin in the Sun. We are going to be analyzing this play in order to help students identify characters, setting, plot, and other elements that are present in narratives. Most of the focus of this unit plan is going to be the writing process and working with peers to review and edit their writing.
Each day we are going to focus on one element of narratives: characters, setting, plot. The plot is going to take a few days, because we are going to be examining each piece of the plot: exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, and solution. As students are writing and looking at each of these elements in A Raisin in the Sun, they will be writing their own and working together to help develop one another's writing.
The final part of this unit, I would like to incorporate students being able to publish their work online, possibly in a blog. I think I will have them create one at the beginning of the class. Also I want to include students typing their work on Google Docs, so when it comes time to revise, classmates and I will be able to edit online to make it more convenient.
No comments:
Post a Comment